How to Renew your Membership
Click here for instructions on how to renew your Family Membership. If you have not yet created a Family Group, see instructions below.
Our Registrars cannot process your membership until BOTH the Membership Renewal Form has been submitted and your membership fees have been paid.
How to create a Family Groups
Linking all family members together as a Family Group via the Members’ Portal enables you to manage all family member information and membership renewals in one easy transaction. Step by step instructions to create a Family Group is available here: SLSA Family Groups – Existing Members User Guide v2
Step 1: From the Members’ Portal Home Page, select the “My Family” tab.
Step 2: An adult should be logged in to the Members’ Portal as the Primary member of the Family Group. The Primary member must be over 18 years old.
- If you are the person creating the family group you are automatically made a member of the family group and you do not have to add your own details.
- All family group members need to be in Surfguard and members of the same Club as the Primary Member.
- Once submitted the family group will need to be approved by the Club, before you will be able to change other members’ personal details.
What if I am an existing member and don’t have a Members’ Portal Account?
Step 1: Visit http://portal.sls.com.au
Step 2: From the SLSA Members’ Portal Login Screen, select Line 1 – “Don’t have an account yet? Click here to create a new portal account”. Enter your first and last name, DOB, gender and preferred Identity Confirmation Method (Email or Mobile Phone Number). These records must match our database records. Click the Next button. If you receive an error message “The information you have entered does not match any records in the system” contact our Registrars for verification of our records.
Step 3: Create your unique Log In Name and Password.
Step 4: Enter the authentication # sent to your mobile or email and click Next.
Assistance in the use of the SLSA Members’ Portal can be found via the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 1300 724 006.
If you are transferring to Avalon Beach SLSC from another Surf Life Saving Club you must request a transfer via the Members’ Portal:
- Use the menus from the SLSA Members Portal to access Lifesaving Online > Memberships > Join/Transfer to a new organisation
- Select the Organisation you want to transfer to
State = Surf Life Saving NSW
Branch = Sydney Northern Beaches Branch
Club/Organisation = Avalon Beach
Transfer = Will generally be a “Full transfer” but you should select the correct level for your individual circumstances
- Update your personal details, in particular your email address, home address and mobile phone number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the appropriate declarations and submit your request.
Transfers between clubs need to be approved by both the Club a member is leaving and the Club a member is joining. This process is not instantaneous. To follow the status of your membership transfer, contact the Registrar of the Club you are leaving or the Avalon Beach Nippers registrar at [email protected]