Welcome to the 2018-19 Nippers season at Avalon Beach.
What is Nippers?
Nippers is for children aged *5 – 13 and is all about kids having fun, gaining confidence in the surf and developing surf awareness and competence. Whilst Nippers follows a formal curriculum, tailored to each age group and working towards a surf award and certificate at season’s end, the primary aim is having fun with your mates at the beach and learning to become familiar with beach conditions.
*children must be aged 5 years old as at 30 September.
When and Where
- Nippers runs from Sunday, 21 October 2018 – Sunday, 10 March 2019, with a break for Christmas. Coming soon – 2018/19 Nipper calendar.
- On a regular Nippers day, the session runs each Sunday from 9:00am – 10.30am subject to conditions and activities.
- All Nippers meet on the beach in front of the Clubhouse. Meet your age manager and Nipper group at your age group flag.
- Nippers is on during all weather conditions. Only lightning keeps us off the beach.
What do I need to provide?
Please ensure your kids are ready and outside the Clubhouse 10 minutes before Nippers starts:
- wearing an Avalon Beach Nippers cap (compulsory). Please write your child’s name in large letters on both sides on the the outside of the cap
- wearing a fluorescent pink hi-visibility rash vest (compulsory)
- in their swimwear (sun protection rashies and/or wetsuits recommended); covered in sunblock; fed and hydrated.
Click here for Uniform information
Avalon Beach Nippers is run entirely by volunteers. Age Managers rely on the help of all registered parents on the beach during Nippers. Registered parents are encouraged and welcome to participate in their child’s age group activities in the following ways:
- Become an age manager! Your child will love it. Simply speak to an existing age manager or email [email protected] if you are interested.
- Assist with the provision of water safety for events, once you have undertaken the required Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion training provided by our Club. Click here for further information about courses.
- Officiating at carnivals
- Join our Committee
Put your hand up and get involved!
Ready to Join?
To join Avalon Beach SLSC Nippers for the 2018/2019 season, children must be aged 5 years old as at 30 September.
Access our New Member page to find out how to get started.
We look forward to seeing you on the beach!