Member Insurance

If you have suffered an illness or injury while performing authorised Surf Life Saving activities such as training for, or competing at, an endorsed carnival, whilst attending Patrol or a Nippers activity, Workers Compensation may be payable under the Workers Compensation (Bush Fire, Emergency and Rescue Services) Act 1987.

Who is entitled to make a claim?

All registered SLSNSW financial members provided the injury or illness occurred while undertaking a genuine, authorised activity as a Surf Lifesaver or Nipper.
Members who compete in elite events where prize money is paid or professional sportspersons or competitors who compete in events not under the control of SLS may need to take separate insurance / workers compensation.


Please retain a copy of your claim form for your records and forward a copy our Safety Officer at [email protected]. If your injury will keep you away from paid employment for at least 7 days you will need to contact WorkCover NSW immediately on 1800 221 960.