The following benefits are available to financial and proficient active patrolling members including Life Members, Long Service Members and Award Reserve Members. To maintain these benefits, active patrolling members must meet their patrol obligations. Refer to our Patrol Duty page for further information.
Active Patrolling Member Benefits (only)
- Fully appointed, 24/7 gymnasium for active patrolling members (18yrs+)*. Cadets may also use the gym under adult supervision. Refer to our Gym Membership page for further information.
- Professional surf sports coaching for fitness and competition*
- 24hr Club Access Key to member facilities/hot showers *
- Substantial member discounts on venue hire *
- Cup of coffee or cold drink from The Avalon on the Beach kiosk whilst on patrol *(must be in full patrol uniform)
- Northern Beaches Council Car Parking sticker * (Northern Beaches Council conditions apply). Contact [email protected] for further information
- Opportunities to compete in a variety of disciplines at Club, Branch, State and National level *:
- Ocean swimming
- Board and ski paddling
- Beach events such as sprints, flags
- Surf rescue events
- IRB racing
- Surf boat racing
All Member Benefits
- Discounted rates at Crossfit Avalon Beach for all Club members.
- Update your skills with a variety of Life Saving and other qualifications:
- Bronze Medallion/Cert II in Public Safety
- Advanced Resuscitation
- First Aid training including CPR and defibrillator skills.
- IRB driver and crew training
- ATV driver
- Radio officer
- Spinal Management
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
- Gold Medallion
- Training Officer/Assessor
- Access to Club Lounge with great value drink prices
- Subsidised Club social events
* Benefits available to active patrolling members only