How to Join
Senior Club: It’s great that you’d like to get involved in the surf life saving movement. To get started Click on the “Join the Club” button on the homescreen and follow the prompts.
Please note that an online application for membership must be completed by every new member. Nippers aged U6 – U15 must have at least one parent/guardian join as a General Member – please refer to our Nipper pages for further information regarding Nipper memberships.
Note: if you are joining up as a family please select “My Family” when you see the “I want to join” field.
Our Club registrars will process your application and be in touch to help if you need to provide anything further to proceed with your application.
Nippers: Refer to our Nippers page for further information.
Transferring from another Club?
If you are transferring to Avalon Beach SLSC from another Surf Life Saving Club you must request a transfer via the Members Area:
- Login to the Members Area and select “Memberships”, then “Renewals, Payments & Transfers”, then “Join/Transfer to a new organisation”.
- Select “I want to join a surf club, or transfer to a different surf club”
- Select the Organisation you want to transfer to
State = Surf Life Saving NSW
Branch = Sydney Northern Beaches Branch
Club/Organisation = Avalon Beach
- You will then be given 3 options and you must choose one of these options:Full transfer – You completely leave your current club.
Competition rights transfer – Keep your membership at your current club(s) but move your competition rights to a new club. You will then have dual membership.
Non-competition rights transfer – Join another club, while keeping your membership and your competition rights at your current club. You will then have dual membership.
- Update your personal details, in particular your email address, home address and mobile phone number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the appropriate declarations and submit your request.
- IMPORTANT: you will then be directed to the MAKE A PAYMENT screen. Select “Click here if you wish to pay on-line”. Membership fees will then be displayed. Follow the prompts for payment.
Transfers between clubs need to be approved by both the Club a member is leaving and the Club a member is joining. This process is not instantaneous. To follow the status of your membership transfer, contact the Registrar of the Club you are leaving or the Avalon Beach Registrars.
Membership Enquiries: [email protected]